Parents giving piggyback ride to children

Enforcement - Alimony

After the entry of a divorce decree, some former spouses may fail, and willfully refuse, to pay what they owe in alimony. At Richard W. Culver, Ltd., knowledgeable attorney Blake Austin Culver can advocate for your legal rights and interests in connection with alimony or spousal maintenance enforcement.

Filing a Petition for Rule to Show Cause:

Under Illinois law, a Petition for Rule to Show Cause Seeking Indirect Civil Contempt of Court may be brought to enforce the spousal maintenance provisions in a divorce decree when a party's non-compliance is, among other things, without compelling cause or justification.

Did You Know This About Your Reasonable Attorney's Fees and Costs?

If you engage Richard W. Culver, Ltd. and if your former spouse is found by the Court to be in indirect civil contempt for failing to pay spousal maintenance, the Court can require your former spouse to pay your reasonable attorney's fees and costs in bringing the enforcement action.

Forthright Answers to Your Alimony Enforcement Questions

Alimony enforcement is a complex process with evidentiary burdens. Determined Barrington attorney Blake Austin Culver at Richard W. Culver, Ltd. can help explain more about spousal maintenance enforcement by answering your questions and addressing your concerns, and Blake can analyze your specific situation. With so much at stake, review six benefits of hiring a trusted Barrington family law attorney.

Contact a Barrington Spousal Maintenance Enforcement Lawyer

Call 847-382-2900 or complete the online contact form to schedule a confidential consultation at Richard W. Culver, Ltd. Evening and weekend appointments are available to accommodate clients' schedules.